Champagne Cream Tortellini Pasta
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen cheese tortellini
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 Tbsp grapeseed oil (any will do)
- 1/2 cup champagne
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 shallot chopped finely
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
Directions 1. In a large pot fill half way with water, bring to a boil. Add cheese tortellini. Return to a boil and cook until the tortellini float to the top of the water, about 3 minutes. The internal temperature of a tortellini should be 165ºF. Drain completely.
2. Meanwhile, In a large non-stick skillet, melt oil and butter over medium-high heat until foaming. Stir in shallots and cook 2 minutes, add champagne and bring to a boil,
3. Add cream and simmer until the mixture thickens, about 2 minutes longer, then add parmesan cheese and stir until melted. Add the cooked tortellini to the skillet and toss to coat.
4. Pour into a serving dish and garnish with Parmesan cheese and parsley, if desired.